Tuesday, August 4, 2015

My Love of Music

In the past, I've used this blog as a place to share my random thoughts, feelings, poetry, and short stories.  Occasionally, I've reviewed music and musicians on here.

I think though, I'd like to do more reviews of music from around the world, any genre, and any language. Basically, whatever catches my attention or someone recommends that I check out will make it's way on here.  It could be mainstream, could be local. I love my writing life and the fact that I get to work with some really talented authors, but I want to do something completely unrelated to my work life here. So music it is.

Keep in mind, my reviews are based on my own personal experience as I listen to the music and check out the band/musician associated with it.  I am also partially deaf- so what I will write is what I feel resonates (or doesn't) with me.  I'm not necessarily looking for perfect- I'm looking for emotive and engaging.

With that said, I'd like to do a short review now.

Bleachers.

I bought the entire album, Strange Desire, just after hearing one song on it because the feel was so unlike whats out there now in mainstream, and I was intrigued.

Like A River Runs was playing on my daughter's Pandora when I asked her, "What band is that?" She didn't know so I memorized a few of the lines to google it later.  That's when I discovered this band. Reminscent of the 80's feel and yet, lyrically impressive and smart, I found myself interested in what the entire album might sound like so I downloaded the whole thing onto my iTunes. (Incidentally, for those who don't know, Jack Antonoff of Bleachers was a former bandmate of the highly successful but now disbanded band, Fun.)

Wow, I was pleasantly surprised to find that Bleachers managed to make an entire album that you can listen to from start to finish.  I found myself asking, "When was the last time I was compelled to listen to the whole album because it flowed so well together?"  Certainly it's different, but also refreshing.

Anthemic sounding and yet very personal, Antonoff has some pretty interesting insights to offer to the world through his music. If there's one thing I like, it's when a person's voice has something to say that's worth hearing. And Jack's words are worth absorbing. I'm not neccessarily talking about the music here- but the message in it.   His song, Shadow, has one line that made me stop and pause because of it's authenticity, which was simply, "how love dies is a place that I'm not going".



check out Jack's interview with Rolling Stone and you'll begin to see what I mean...



and the song that got me started on it all....


I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of Bleachers in the days to come :)

Have a great week all!

April aka WingSeeker

3 comments:

المثالية للتنظيف said...



شركة المثالية للتنظيف - المثالية للتنظيف بالمنطقة الشرقية تسعد بتقديم خدماتها المتميزة للتنظيف ومكافحة الحشرات بالمنطقة الشرقية فتعد الشركة المثالية للتنظيف بالدمام والخبر والقطيف والجبيل والاحساء وسيهات وجدة
اتصل الان واحصل علي خدمات شركة المثالية بخصم 50% لجميع خدماتها الاتية

المثالية للتنظيف
شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالدمام
شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالخبر
شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالجبيل

المثالية
شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالاحساء
شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالقطيف

اذا اردتم التعامل مع شركة المثالية للنظافة الشاملة بالمنطقة الشرقية تواصلوا معنا علي وسوف تحصلون علي خدمة لائقة باسعار مناسبة فتعد اسعار المثالية للتنظيف رخيصة ومناسبة لجميع عملائه

المثالية للتنظيف said...



شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالاحساء

خدمات التنظيف بالاحساء
ارقام المثالية للتنظيف بالاحساء
شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالاحساء

شركة المثالية لمكافحة الحشرات بالاحساء
شركة ورس لمكافحة الحشرات
شركة ورس لمكافحة الحشرات بالاحساء

المثالية للتنظيف said...


شركة تنظيف منازل بالاحساء