Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lord, Hear My Cry

Below is a song I wrote, shortly after all the testing my daughter was going through.  I have debated and debated whether or not to share it- mostly because its a very personal piece for me and it is difficult for me to share my personal pains with others. 

Last night though, my daughter became ill and was admitted into the hospital for overnight observation.  I'm just now learning all the things that come with having a child who is treated with Chemo and such...but I believe that all will be well in the end.  I believe because all my life, every thing I've ever experienced (not too much has been good believe me) has always taught me that the dark never lasts forever.  Light always shine through and wins...


Lord Hear My Cry  by April L. Gerard

Sleepless nights
and days of trial.
the Holy Bible
laid out next to me,
each night. Opened,
to where I left off.


I've nothing to do but believe.


Verses and notes
ring in my head,
as subtle lyrics
whisper so softly
and me without a pen.
So I try to remember
so I can write them again.


Her head laid on me,
hand in mine.
I'm feeling alone..
but I'm not Alone.
I'm feeling more down
than I've ever been.


Loneliness never ate at me before.
Till now that is.
till I had to bear her tears in my hands.
I'm not one to be afraid of things,
but who will listen to my tears?


Yet i know you're here
I know your here.


I've nothing left but to believe.
Believe.


Life is passing all around,
learning to find my way
and reach out to make new friends
in this pain-my dark of day.


Believing is the easy part,
it's watching the story that's hard.


She climbed the stairs,
leaned upon me,
she yelled in pain
though I could not ease.


All I can do is believe.

6 comments:

Opaque said...

All you can do is have faith. You will be heard.

Shadow said...

i feel your pain. and yes, please, believe, and live the name of your precious daughter, you will triumph in the end! *hugs and prayers*

Noelle said...

Believe, my dear. We're all believing with you.

Wine and Words said...

It's a beautiful song Amy. I'm glad you shared it.

Have you heard this song by Mark Schultz? Listening to it for the first time, it brought home the anguish of parents with an ill child, and it has reminded me ever since that "I've nothing left, but believe."

This was the only version with decent sound. Sorry.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Opaque, Shadow, & Noelle- thank you my friends. all of you mean so much to me!

Wine and Words,
Its April dear (my sister's name happens to be Amy though hehe) but I want to give you a big thank you for sharing this song. A friend of mine just recieved news that her 13 year old nephew may not live more than 12 more hours..yes I said hours. I've shared this song with her as it says exactly what I would be feeling if I were in his mother's shoes.

Philip Verghese'Ariel' said...

Nice to be here, i had look around your blog, nice ones, well presented thoughts, especially this one is very heart touching, Yes, Believe in Him and Have Faith in Him Alone, He will carry thru.
With Prayer and regards,
especially for the little one
Have Faith In Him, Don't give Up
Best
Phil