Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Quick Update

I have the best and most wonderful news I've ever recieved in my life!  The doctors are very surprised, as they were 99.9% sure my daughter had cancer, the biopsy revealed that she has Hystiocytosis- a bone disease that is not cancer!  The confounding thing to the doctors is how the Hystiocytosis is acting. All of her scans show it is acting more like an aggressive cancer would.  Because of this, She will still have to have chemotherapy for the next year to manage the disease, but it is not as life threatening as Ewing's Sarcoma would've been.  I'm very greatful for all the prayers and encouragement from everyone around the world!

6 comments:

Cucipata said...

That sounds great, all the best for your family.

dianne said...

This is good news dear April, not that Hope will still have to undergo chemotherapy but that it she doesn't have cancer.
Good luck and good health.

xoxox ♡

Noelle said...

You and your daughter will be in my thoughts and prayers. I am so glad that she does not have cancer. What a sweet, precious face she has. Bless her.

pilgrimchick said...

Oh, wow--you must be so relieved. I hope that your daughter is coping with this challenge as well as possible.

Spaghetti Fields said...

I've been so wrapped up in my own world I haven't kept up on anyone elses (sorry). I'm so happy it isn't the worst thing, but I know you still have a long road ahead of you! I will definitely keep her in my prayers.

Syd said...

That is great news. Blessings to you.