Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Personal Growth

Today, i've decided that rather than share a poem, I'd share a journal entry.  Remember I always make comments about how I write to myself alot and have several unposted drafts on here? In fact to date I have over 560 posts of published and unpublished written works of mine on this blog that began 3 years ago.  Yes, I've been here for 3 years on blogger and its been a wonderful journey for me.
 Maybe this post will be interesting to you, maybe not..either way, the one thing you will get out of these journal posts, if I continue to post them, is that you'll learn more about me the writer and author of this blog and what it is in life that often inspires me.

Take care everyone and Have a wonderful Day or Evening!



January 21, 2010 a Journal entry by April Gerard

Did you know that I went out last week and Karaoke'd with Triana for the first time? She's never heard me sing in front of people.




Well, I did and for not having enough to drink, I didn't do too badly even though I know it could have been better. A lot better. Still, later after talking with Tri the next day, she informed me that her date boy (who was with us) was stunned. All he could get out of his mouth was "Wow."




I struggle with this. Its one of the few things I can never quite be sure I really am good at. But it is one of the things I want to work on since I'm on this endeavor to tap back into all the creative/artistic sides of me. I guess you could say I want to know the me inside better and I figure the best way to do that is to challenge yourself to do the things you love rather than putting them off or allowing your uncertainties to keep you from trying to do it.




Just like my writings. Sometimes, I think I'm afraid that if I post the really good ones- someone might be able to read them and know me. I think I'm terrified to share me with everyone else.

1 comment:

Opaque said...

These are issues to which only you can find a solution for. I used to have problems with flattery. I have been a stern believer of the fact that flattery fetches more friends and truth gets more enemies. I have always, and still continue to suspect niceness. But, I know I am good at something. I know I am good at everything I do. I may not be the best. But, then, define best!

Even Schumacher believes he can break his record of undertaking the fastest lap on certain circuits. There is always scope for improvement. Improvement begins with the letter "I", and it is you who has to draw a certain standard.

For instance, when I think of melody, when I think of conveying cerebral thoughts via music, The Mahavishnu Orchestra comes to mind. But, I find it too high to be a standard for myself. So, I settle with something tad lower. I know I will get there. But, for now, I take baby steps.

Your life is yours. It is very personal. It is hard to share any of its aspects with anyone. I don't think anyone shares his/her life "completely" to anyone. It is always incomplete.

People cannot completely know you through your writings, or even your autobiography. No one can ever no anyone completely, apart from themselves, that is, if they stay true to themselves.

I understand your feel here. It is understandable. But, you just shared a leaflet from your life. So, if this is a priority, then you have already begun. You must be happy with this!

You have a good evening yourself!