Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Eclipse

This post is By request from a friend.When I wrote this poem originally, I wasn't going too to share it.  Thank you Ajey for listening to me rant and rave and for the support in my trials and stumblings in life.  I truly appreciate the friendship I have with both you and your honey :)

The Eclipse by April Gerard

Busy days they always seem
short nights of strange travels where
dreams are left out to dry in the mind's eye.
Looking up to see a full eclipse hiding the Sun.

These dreams... the smell, the vividness, they're so real. 
That of melancholic feel, why should the sun be hidden?
Doesn't it breath life into the world? It cannot be lost....
for a Sun must still be, even if it can't be seen.

It isn't really gone though is it...
no the Sun never stopped its shine.
The Eclipse is just a temporary blockage
and can last only so long a time. 

5 comments:

Noelle said...

I love this...I feel it and you are right - no the sun is not gone...I'm amidst an eclipse myself but will patiently await the sun once more. :)

Strawberry Girl said...

It is difficult to see beyond the darkness, but the sun is always there... :)

Pavitra .... said...

nice one!

Rick said...

April
beautiful way to express hope. You always inspire me.
~rick

Opaque said...

Eclipse is the mark of the new beginning. As SG put it, "the sun is always there".