Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Journey

I've been a bit under the weather the past few days. But, like always, I seem to be managing it just fine.  You know, I was just sitting here thinking about how my blog posts are not as much as they used to be. Where I once made every effort to post each and every day, now I try to only do two or three a week and I focus more on my book writing rather than my blog writing right now.  I'm very, very pleased with my progress thus far!

Here is a short and small poem for the nght. I'm going to head off for some rest and try to get over this dang cold I have. Take care everyone and enjoy the poem!

The Journey by April Gerard

Summer's heat
could not melt away
my dreams long kept,
for my dreams do not waver
with the weather.

and the Melodies
anchored in my mind
do not die as I'm always
singing them to myself,
no matter the thoughts of others.

the constant reminders;
the patience and persistance
I demand of myself
keeps me reaching beyond,
past the point that small thinking brings.

Its the balance of hope,
persistence, and believing.
I know I'm going to get there,
and the journey is worth every step I take.

7 comments:

Syd said...

That balance is an awesome thing. I'm grateful to have found it.

Shadow said...

the journey IS well worth the walk!

Brosreview said...

The journey is what is memorable and and a one to cherish, not the destination.

Kanta said...

Kantahanan is the home of every song. The word kantahanan is derived from the tagalog words "Kanta" which means "Song" and "Tahanan" which means "Home".

A Piece said...

A Piece of Idea - Thoughts of a Man, a Blogger, a Webmaster, and a Friend. Learn simple tips from a simple blogger.

Hapi said...

You have a great favicon here. You might want to change that into your own icon. Here is my tip on Favicon and Blogger: How to change favicon in Blogger.I also have this list of Cool Favicons for you to use. Enjoy!

Rick said...

April
I agree with Shadow, the journey is the candy. Nice poem. ~rick