Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Edge of the Fall

Not sure where this one came from tonight..it just sorta flowed out of me.  I like it though. Hope you each do as well, seems like a poem everyone could relate to at some point in their lives.

Edge of the Fall by April Gerard

Edge of some nill to nothing,
but yet something is really there.
The precipice is where we are,
waiting to fall into or out of nothing.

Course, it was never really nothing was it?
Never could we let it go, at least not in our minds.

Foolishness, maybe. But I don't think so.

All the same its where I'd rather be;
smile divined right with those bright eyes
and hands, oh those hands.

Still, here we stand once again.

Spaces of there and here.
With me here and you there...

Needs. So much we didn't know.
Couldn't find a room where a heart could sort out
its hurts and its joys.Couldn't see what track lay ahead.
Hearts need time to learn; we just jumped.

The landing wasn't so smooth,
but seems survival happens.

'Course no words have been spoken much since.

Words got locked up inside,
should've let them out a long time ago.
Guess courage of the fool's kind,
couldn't open up and give them away..at least not then.

It'll be good to see you again,
hope courage finds me and you.

Hope it finds the edge of where we'll be.

5 comments:

Rick said...

April-if courage finds us on the edge, will it tell us to jump or step back? Does courage always have wisdom?
This was a nice jaunt through remembering. soft and flowing
~rick

Short Poems said...

I like the way you write, you have lovely blog :)

Spellbound said...

I always try to read between the lines to know how your are doing. I really must call soon. My love to you.

Brosreview said...

That blunt edge where there is no veil on honesty needs to be found, else, I sense no point.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Rick,
Interesting questions- ones I don't have the answers for any more than the rest of the world does...but they're good food for thought.

Short Poems,
Thanks! I'm glad you like it here :)

Spellbound,
and I always say I'm going to call and then forget to all the time. Sorry about that..and yes, this one has a story behind it. A LOOONG one. Haven't talked to this person in a long time...

Brosreview,
Yes I agree..honesty should always be open and never hidden away. 'course we seem to do a pretty good job as humans of complicating that concept.