Thursday, April 29, 2010

Because

I have been working alot lately and yes I've been writing in my book. It seems I have fallen in love with my story all over again and have managed to make time nearly everyday to write and revise and add to it. It is a wonderful feeling of accomplishment and steady on towards the goal. 

This weekend, however, I intend to enjoy and spend lots of time with friends and some family as it is my birthday on Sunday.  It will be the first time in a long time that I've ever even tried to celebrate my own life.  That's really what it is you know, birthdays are meant to help you appreciate yourself, be at ease with yourself, and love the you inside yourself.  I do hope everyone is having a fantastic and wonderful evening! and for now, here is another impromptu poem...lets see what I write below shall we??

Because by April Gerard

It's starts with one candle,
every year you add one.
But there's a year missing..
at least I think so.

Didn't that first year,
when you lived,
breathed, and depended
so much on the mother
who held you inside..

Isn't that really your
year of beginnings?

That's just me though,
and the way I often ponder.
But isn't that the greatest thing?
To ponder such things?

There's always something
goin on in Life.

Every year something,
something always happens.
It's not always good,
but it's not always bad either.

Makes me somehow like
the fact that I'm human.
I get to learn, I get to see
this world for the beautiful
things it holds..

We breathe, we love,
we dream!

I don't know that I'd
trade that for the power
of Gods,
or for the Stars of the Sky.

Those who know me well,
often shake their heads at me.
They wonder how I could!
How could I love this state of being?
when we are imperfect,
when we have so much to learn.

And I say, because..

It's beautiful.
It always is and always was.

2 comments:

Brosreview said...

Life is beautiful. We over think and over complicate things.

tagskie said...

Nice blog you got here... Just droppin' by to say hi! http://www.arts-and-entertainment.info