Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Thought's Weight

Ever feel like you just don't even have the time to think?  That's how I've felt today.  It's not neccessarily a depressing feeling I have, just a weighed down, need to make time for me feeling. Here is a short poem/song for the night.  It doesn't quite capture the whole idea in my head and I don't really think its finished, but I'm tired and I've got a drive ahead of me tomorrow for work.  Have a wonderful evening guys, and if I don't make back to blogger this weekend- I hope it goes well for each of you :)

A Thought's Weight by April Gerard

Weighing
in on
all the things
that make you look at things
in a new light.

Seeing
one time
all the times
I should have tried to make
a different turn.

Trying
to be
more than
I knew how to be; look at me
changing these.

5 comments:

The Turning Point said...

Seeking the "new light"
I love it that's what keeps me "alive" and sobriety fresh. Every day there is the promise of a new ray.

Take care on the road.

JF

pilgrimchick said...

Very nice, and very well expressed.

Brosreview said...

Fantastic!

Syd said...

Wonderful poem. I look at things in a new light every day.

findingmywingsinlife said...

JF,
I think the "new light" is what keeps me asking questions and appreciating life along the way.

pilgrimchick,
Thank you.

Brosreview,
Thank you as well :)

Syd,
is it too optimistic that I hope that the rest of the world is striving for the same, to look at things in a new light everyday??