Sunday, March 7, 2010

My Brother

My apologies to all, but I may be away from Blogger for a while. Yesterday I spent the entire day at several hospitals because my brother was severely beaten by another man, of whom was a man we thought was a friend to my brother. He has since been through surgery to relieve the swelling and pressure that the bleeding in his brain was causing. There is a lot of damage and no one is really sure what will happen to him in the next couple of days.  He is still unconscious.  I'll return when I can, but right now- my brother and my family are first priority over anything else.

Thanks everyone, you all are wonderful friends and great people with inspiring thoughts, posts and ideas. See you later this week maybe.

10 comments:

Susan said...

sending hopes and prayers your way.

Shadow said...

sending you both a prayer...

Spellbound said...

Call me if you need to talk...

The Turning Point said...

Oh man. Know your pain.
A number of years ago my son was shot by a "friend", spent many days in ICU. survived but paralyzed.

Our salvation was sticking like glue to the fellowship and a lot of prayers.
Take care of yourself.
I'll be praying for him and you.

Jim

Brosreview said...

Ah, this must be hard! Take care! Wishing him a speedy recovery!

Desert Valley Gifts, LLC said...

I know you don't know me, but my heart goes out to you and I am praying for you and your brother's recovery. May God Bless you both.

Double-Dolphin said...

Hope he gets better soon, I don't really know what to say...

Syd said...

That is terrible. I hope that your brother will be okay. Take care of yourself.

Rick said...

April- glad he's getting better, April and hope you're getting some rest. ~rick

findingmywingsinlife said...

Susan,
Thank you.

Shadow,
Thanks for the support through all of this.

Jim,
Thank you for sharing that with me, it was in some ways good to hear that someone else understood the emotions that were involved.

Brosreview,
Thank you and he is doing really well now.

Desert valley,
I appreciate that. Thank you :)

D,
You don't have to say anything, just being a friend is enough :)

Syd,
He is doing better, thank you.

Rick,
you know me, no rest for those who need to work. But he really is doing better and we are greatful for that.