Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I Live

So many things have seemed to happen all at once in my life as of late.  This is a poem that sort of reflects my train of thoughts as of late. Take care everyone and I'll see you each tomorrow hopefully!

I Live by April Gerard

My plans are unraveling...
one
piece
at a time.


And its ok,
I say to myself,
taking a deep breath in
and
wading my bare feet
in the shallow
waters.


My goals are nearer
somehow.
Even though
what I wanted,
who I wanted...
is not
in reach.


and will never
be.


And its ok,
I tell myself,
as I take a deep
breath in,
swallow down
my pride,
my hurts
and
feel the wind
of spring
and know
that I am strong
enough..


Strong enough
to let it go
and
be me..
for a change.


Feels good,
to wash away
old sorrows.


To know
change;
To know
Life..


and Live.


Yes, Its ok
I say to myself
as I accept
the reflection
in the water,
the woman
staring back,
smiling....


at me.


I touch my
fingertip
to the surface
and watch
the ripples
grow.

Its these
ripples,
its these that
often
lay their
weights
on me.

I can do so much
with one little
touch..

Those who
know me,
see me,
and
are affected
by me and
my..
choices.

I wonder
how much
good or hurt
has been
done
by
the simple
touch
of my fingertip
dipping
in the waters.

Nothing is simple.

But its ok,
I say to myself,
as I close my eyes
and remember
sweet moments;
precious tears
shed.

Because
I've known
Life
and still...

 I Live.

5 comments:

Brosreview said...

Yes, it is okay, and do not forget that the reflection you see, is YOU! I reckon, and I mean this, that this is your best so far!

And, I want to add that both honey and I believe that what you wanted will be near, yes, it will be!

We both just want to add that we are with you in these times!

Servant of the Most High said...

Hi,

Here's a blog that serves for your spiritual needs, and will surely be a blessing for you!

This blog has messages from the Holy Scriptures, taught by the Spirit of God.
These will teach us how to have God in all the aspects of our lives and have God's rule over every matter :

www.holyoneofisrael-reconciliation.blogspot.com

Have a blessed reading and gladly write back if you need any prayer help.

God bless you and your family.

Rick said...

April- you've always been good at accepting what comes down the pike. here you do it with elagance.
love the image in my head of fingers and ripples. Take care~rick

dianne said...

April dear we don't always get what or whom we want but this is a beautiful poem of acceptance and getting on with living...I can see those ripples in the water, they look so beautiful. xoxo ♡

findingmywingsinlife said...

Brosreview,
What beautiful friends the both of you are! I really truly appreciate all the thoughtfulness and the honest conversations :) Thank you, it means so much to me.

Servant of the Most High,
thank you for your kindness :)

Rick,
There isn't much elegance about me..but I do appreciate the fact that you think so ;) Life is life, its our job to accept it and live it- no matter what it throws our way, at least that's my take on it anyway!

Diane,
You are a beautiful person yourself and I'm glad to know you through blogger. Its the one time I will say that I'm thankful for today's technology- because I get to know people just like you :)