Friday, March 12, 2010

Good news for now

I'm so tired guys, this week has been such a drain physically and mentally. But I'm doing alright under the circumstances.  A few updates since you last heard me post on here...

my brother woke up from his coma on Tuesday and has since been doing remarkably well- astounding even the doctors with his progress.  He may be able to walk again with therapy and function somewhat the same as before the incident occurred.

Secondly, the guy who did this to my brother is being charged with a class C felony aggrevated battery and assault. $50,000 bail. 

Aside from that, if you would like to know how my brother is doing- feel free to email me. I really don't want to continually post about this situation. I don't like drama and quite frankly I think my brother deserves better than that.  I do deeply appreciate the many prayers and thoughts being given to all of us. 

Normal poems, stories, and random thoughts to resume in a few days. I hope all is well with each of you and if I have one thing to advise to anyone it is to live, really LIVE your life in the moments and show those you care about that you really do care- no matter how mushy, awkward, or uncomfortable it may make you feel. You never know when the last time you'll get to see them is.

Take care Everyone :)

8 comments:

Brosreview said...

Yes, it is very true, we need to shower love and express it to the ones we love. Life is short!

I am glad your brother is doing well now. I am sure he will be on his feet soon.

Take care!

Natalie said...

Sending love and healing still. :)

dianne said...

I hope your brother keeps doing well April dear, take care and try to get some rest yourself. xoxo ♡

Shadow said...

yeah, things can change soooo quickly. good advice there! and get-well wishes for your brother all the way!

Strawberry Girl said...

So glad to hear that your brother is improving! You are right your brother is a real fighter and deserves to be showered with praise for how hard he is working, rather than dwelling on the negative... especially when there is so many positive signs of his condition improving.

Thinking of you, HUGS

~Annie

Spellbound said...

Love to you and your brother. So glad he's going to be okay.

Syd said...

I am glad that he is doing better. And hoping that his healing will continue.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Brosreview,
That it is. He is now on his feet pretty steadily and anxious to return to work- but that will probably not happen the way he would like.

Natalie,
Thank you my friend.

Dianne,
I hope so too, it feels like he's out of the woods now- but I'll wait for his next dr appt to say for sure.

Shadow,
Thanks!

Annie,
you are a really wonderful person, thank you for your support!

Spellbound,
I'm glad too. and do you know that my email tells me you've commented on other posts, but they're not showing up on the actual posts???? I have no idea how to fix that..but I do appreciate all the thoughts and comments you send. Thank you.

Syd,
Me too.