Friday, February 26, 2010

Stay

Is it just me, or are fridays getting a little heavy?  Here is a song I've written. I haven't written a song in  a long time, so I hope you all like it.

STAY by April Gerard

Stay with me,
hold me in you eyes.
Stay in my sight,
all throughout my life.


Stay with me,
let me remember.
Stay in my mind
all throughout my life.


I want to breath
like nothing was ever
wrong.


I want to know
all that I could
know.


I want to take
the world
in the palms of my hands,


And give it
back to
all those who understand


when I say,
when I say


stay.


Stay with me.
hold me in you eyes.
Stay in my sight,
all throughout my life.


Stay with me,
let me remember.
Stay in my mind
all throughout my life.


Oh ooh oooooo
stay..


Let me make
my way
but please,
please


Just Stay.

4 comments:

Double-Dolphin said...

Good song. It'd be nicer if I could hear it. Maybe you can make a recording and put it up?

Brosreview said...

I love the way you've repeated "all throughout my life" in the beginning alone. Hmm, gives this essence of you wanting that someone to stay forever. Nice!

And, I like the realistic nature of this song as well. You want to get where you are going, but without the expense of loosing that someone.

Good work! Keep writing!!!

whitewitch said...

Wonderful lyrics. I can't wait to hear how these would sound like. But I can just imagine this being sung well acoustically.

findingmywingsinlife said...

D,
I promise one of these days I will record my songs that I write and send them out to all of my wonderful friends and hope that you don't cringe your eyes and cover your ears ;)

Brosreview,
I think realism has its merits, but I also think that there is something important and neccessary to the soul to have someone believe in you enough to want to walk through it all with you and see you accomplish everything you set out to do.

Whitewitch,
Thank you :)