Sunday, February 7, 2010

Quotes I like

I found these quotes a few days ago and thought they were really good ones to share.  Hope that everyone has been having a wonderful weekend. I know mine has been going pretty good :)

"You become a champion by fighting one more round. When things are tough, you fight one more round." -James J. Corbett

"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey".-Kenji Miyazawa

"Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for truth." – Benjamin Disraeli

"Just don't give up on trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong."– Ella Fitzgerald

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." - Thomas Edison

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."- Victor Frankl

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."- Mahatma Gandhi

4 comments:

dianne said...

Some inspiring quotes there April, I have one here which I think you will like:
"Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away".
George Carlin

Syd said...

Great quotes. The Ghandi one makes so much sense to me.

Triana said...

I like your quotes, however I must play the antagonist today. You've included a couple that inspire the never give up, one more round attitude. I tried that out; too many times. Sometimes you have to know when to walk away. Or when to call a friend at 2am, sobbing for help.

I really do understand your desire to fight for the friendship, but at the same time, it doesn't always work. Don't ause yourself so much harm holding in there. Of course, I'm no expert, as you well know!!

findingmywingsinlife said...

Dianne,
I like that one as well!

Syd,
I thought so too.

Triana,
Yes, I can understand that train of thought as well, and I reluctantly admit you're right. Thanks though.