Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ideas and Persistence: Never give up even when something doesn't always work

I have so many great ideas floating in my head as of late. I have discovered that by giving myself permission to take a break on my personal goals (like writing, blogging, etc.), I've inadvertently given myself, or my brain really, the rest it needed to really function well and churn out all those creative things I was searching for to finish my projects.  I'm doing alot better and feeling better too, but I think its going to be one of those things where I need to pace myself and go slow at it as I work towards completions of the many different goals and ideas I have. 

So, Here's a bit of a rundown on the projects, ideas, and thoughts that are in progress or emerging:

1. Here at work, many exciting things are happening. Just to name a few- I've been extremely busy with planning and preparations for our new program we're starting up. I'm so excited to announce that we will be offering foreclosure intervention counseling to those in our area and community trainings geared towards homeownership education.  Habitat isn't just building houses, we're helping to build and sustain our communities.  I'm very excited and honored to be a part of this planning and implementation of this wonderful new program.

Also, we've been talking with a local college and will be forming a partnership with their Drafting & Design programs to allow their students the opportunity to not only help our mission, but to learn the hands on training they will need as the enter the workforce in their given field.  I can see endless possibilities with this partnership.

2. Because I love music and I've seen many, many bands do incredibly inspiring things to support causes they love with their music (examples are U2, Nickleback, Reba McEntire, and Blue October) I've been trying to find different ways to get a few national acts to do a benefit concert for my local affiliate.  Sooo...keep in mind I'm a "try, try, and try again" sort of person who believes that failing is actually success in disguise because you learn from what doesn't work and it encourages you to find other means to get the same thing accomplished.  Hence my newest idea to accomplish this (it may or may not work, we'll see).  What's the idea?

Well about a year ago, I read an article about a man who traded a paper clip for a house online- you can read about it here. Well, he started with the paper clip, and over a period of about a year or two- he had manage to trade various items, until he finally had an offer of trading his last item for a house. So I'm thinking of trying the same - only with the end goal of being a benefit concert for Habitat for Humanity (I'm shooting for Nickleback & Shinedown). I don't think I want to start with a paper clip though..I do however have a small 4x4 painting that I've done that I think I'll start out with...give me your ideas guys- what do you think? Think I can pull it off or do you have a different idea in mind?  I'm open for conversations here :) 

anyway, there's a lot more- but I'll return later this weekend to catch you up on everything.  I'm serious though about this idea of mine- so please leave me your thoughts on what you think might or might not work!

Thanks everyone and I hope you each have an awesome weekend!

4 comments:

Shadow said...

an idea so "outrageous" (in the nicest possible way) can only work... good luck!

and i'm glad you've discovered the pleasure of "blogging without obligation".

mmmm, too many " " here today...

BloggerMouth said...

I just KNOW you're gonna get that band to play (Nickleback and Shinedown are awesome but I'm biased towards Nickleback... grew up with their music)

Good luck April, if there is a God I hope s/he blesses you :)

dianne said...

You are a woman with a mission, I hope your determination works out well for you.
Good luck with your project. xo ♡

findingmywingsinlife said...

Shadow,
I know, even I think its an out there sort of idea..but that's what makes me think its brilliant. I'm going to have to put some more thought into it though before I jump into it...but I definitely think I'm going to try it :)

BloggerMouth,
Thanks! We'll see. Truthfully I wouldn't mind if any well known National act wanted to pitch in to do a benefit- but I like Nickleback and Shinedown, plus I thought I should make my goal specific- so that everyone could see the progress made towards the goal.

Dianne,
That I am :)

I seemed to have developed a large sense of optimism lately...don't exactly know why though.