Saturday, February 20, 2010

I Have Not Forgotten You

Well, I'm really truly getting the rest I've needed and I'm feeling better than I have in a long time.  I'm not anywhere near home as I've decided to a take a short vacation from work & other things. I'm writing, relaxing, and enjoying the wonderful weather where I'm at today.

In retrospect-this time off has given me the ability to understand some things- personal things that I haven't really allowed time to think back on and reflect.  There's a letter that I've written to a friend of mine that I haven't spoken to in a while and I think that when I get back home, I'll be sending that letter.

Until then, I'm going to enjoy my relaxation and share with you each yet another poem that was written last year.  It is a bit of a sad poem, but I really think many of us feel this way at some time or another in our lives. The bright side is that these feelings don't always last forever. Have a beautiful day everyone!

October 9,2009
I Have Not Forgotten You by April Gerard

I have not forgotten you,
But my heart seems lost these days.
Torn between two and three views,
Through this window pane.


I have not forgotten you.
I shiver, but its not really cold,
Its memories of what has been dreamed
That leaves me feeling shot and empty.


I have not forgotten you,
A broken glass of bottled emotions,
Invisible to the naked eye.


Left its mark for me to bear the scar.


I have not forgotten you,


I have not forgotten you,


but you..


You have forgotten me.


6 comments:

Triana said...

So sad :-(
I demand details on the way home. It doesn't seem like your heart is well. Mine, of course, is not, but what is new there. Much love, friend.

findingmywingsinlife said...

No, no..silly. You mis-understood my intentions with this, my heart is actually doing well thank you. Remember, I've been in an introspective, reflective mood lately. Looking at things from a different angle is all. I'll explain later...

Syd said...

That is sad and one of my fears--to be forgotten and left alone.

Double-Dolphin said...

Of course I haven't forgotten you!!! Good one April.

Brosreview said...

Sad and beautiful! The twist in the end is sad! I just want to add that both Annie and I have not forgotten you!

findingmywingsinlife said...

Syd,
Many people fear being alone- so in that sense you are never alone. However, in my case the fear of being alone isn't mine, but the fear of feeling the hurt of someone I care about forgetting me is.

D,
I know you wouldn't ever forget me silly! you make me laugh.

Brosreview,
to be fair, the person who this refers to (not who you would think btw) probably has not forgotten me- but they have certainly made a point to make me feel as though they have. I understand their motives and reasonings for doing so, but I don't like it.