Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Getting the Reflections...

It has been an intensive last couple of days for me. Thanks to Triana my post got posted yesterday (no wi fi available where I was, unless I wanted to pay a fee which I didn't want to do)to my apologies for being remiss on Sunday night, I gave up trying to find a place with free wi fi where I was at when I was pretty tired to begin with.

So where was I the last couple of days?

I had to attend a training on how to facilitate a Civic Reflection session. I had no idea what I was getting myself into when we started and now after spending these last few days immersed in it, i find myself both invigorated and tired at the same time- in a good way I might add. Wow is the best word to describe the experience of participating and it has left a very meaningful impression on me. To learn a little bit more on what I'm referring to, visit the Project on Civic Reflection

I haven't really fully assimilated in my head all that I learned or even quite been able to express to myself what the full impact of this training was on me. I will tell you that I did experience a level of personal humility as I ended up sharing some personal information during some of our discussions- stuff that I did not think would come up in conversations with so many of my professional colleagues. All in all I highly encourage you to find a way to participate in a Civic Reflection session, it will be well worth your time.

So with that said, I'm quite tired so I will return to my normal posting tomorrow. I do hope everyone has been having a wonderful week or at least had one good thing that happened to them this week.

4 comments:

Rick said...

April- I'm in Cleveland. Where are you? jk. get some rest~rick

Shadow said...

how sweet. i hope something good happens to you too dear april!

Brosreview said...

I understand you're quite busy. Take some rest.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Rick,
Ok, no fair. That's too far for me right now. And I'm working on catching up on sleep.

Shadow,
I really hope things are going well for you in your area. I've noticed you're spending not quite as much time here in blogland. You have my support if you need it my friend :)

Brosreview,
You are a really good friend Ajey. Thank you.