Thursday, February 4, 2010

Dreams Remembered

I'm going to a Pacers game tomorrow night, tickets given to me for free. I've never been to an NBA game and its been a long, long time since I've been to a sporting game of any kind (long story there). I'm rather excited about it though!

So then I've been writing again. I've got a short story that's almost done. I'll probably post it tomorrow or Saturday. I'm kinda liking it, though its slightly different from my normal works.

After a lot of inner contemplation, I've finally decided to share this poem with you guys. It's a little more risque than I would normally post on here, but I thought you know these are human emotions- things we can't and/or shouldn't hide because they're beautiful feelings sometimes. So here it is, a dream turned into a poem. Hope you like it and that you all have a wonderful night!

December 8, 2009

Dreams Remembered

she remembers,
the softness of his skin,
the teasing gleam in his eyes,
sensuous soft kisses
along her neck.
she remembers,
the banter and laughter,
the ease of two together,
and the surprise as he carried her
to the bed.
She remembers,
a longing never felt before,
a touch that eased the aches,
and helped to heal the hurt.
She remembers,
a dream that felt like yesterday,
a dream that seems to have gone
like thin air.
But she remembers
the contour of his body,
the taste of his mouth,
the beautiful way they came together,
a fit, a perfect match.
She remembers so much it hurts.

Too bad it wasn't real.

8 comments:

Triana said...

I love love love this one. Of course you already knew that :)

BloggerMouth said...

April I don't think any woman who reads this can leave your page without feeling touched. Almost made me cry. Thank you for deciding to post this!

Shadow said...

echoes... this echoes in my heart.

p.s. you have the uncanny knack to identify exactly what it is i want to say in my poems. spot-on with your last comment.

Pesto Sauce said...

Very few good things are for real

Rick said...

April- I hope Tri didn't break anyrhing new. Risque? I wish. But lovely this thin air that might have been. Contour slid down like a smooth drink long waited for. Have a good time this weekend. ~Rick

Brosreview said...

Very touching! Keep writing!!!

Syd said...

Sometimes fantasies are better than reality.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Triana,
Yep, I knew that :)

Bloggermouth,
Thank you, Triana said the same thing when she read it in draft stage.

Shadow,
I had a feeling it would. We seem to be on the same train of thoughts- I'm glad to know my comment was right on.

Pesto-Sauce,
that is very true.

Rick,
Lovely it might have been indeed.

Brosreview,
Thank you. It seems this one touches the emotional heart.

Syd,
Sometimes.