Monday, February 8, 2010

The Chase

I often wonder on many things, this poem here is another look into the way my mind sometimes wanders. I kinda like this one though, I just let it flow out of me in these last few minutes; letting my mind go wherever it decides in the moment.  I hope you each like it as well.  Have a wonderful week my friends and my apologies for not being timely in responding to all the comments on the last few weeks posts- I promise I'll get there but until then, hope you enjoy my impromptu poem.

The Chase

The palore of moon
meets not the sun,
for its ever rising and setting
in opposites,
one chasing after the other.
Makes me wonder
at how we chase the world,
with our dreams,
our loves,
our convictions of absolutes,
when absolute
was always relative.
The stars shine
even in spite of the darkness
in which they sit.
Somehow the shades
of darkness
make them more beautiful.
Indiana skies, sometimes though,
hold both the Moon & the Sun
in the same view,
as if
for awhile
the chase,
was almost won.

4 comments:

dianne said...

A beautiful visual poem April dear, I have seen many photos of the sun rising and setting in your Indiana skies, the colours are magnificent.♡

Triana said...

"as if for awhile the chase was almost won"
Too sweet! Excellent theory in this poem.
=]

findingmywingsinlife said...

Dianne,
I'm glad you liked it. I really liked this one when I was done with it.

Triana,
Glad you liked it.

Brosreview said...

Sometimes words that flow out without we controlling it is the best work we can come up with, innit?

Well, this poem is a proof for the same. I mean it. I love the easiness in flow of this one, and the profoundness deep within.

I will add, I loved it! Keep them coming April!