Friday, January 8, 2010

Winning Over Me

I wrote this back in the beginnings of December, but it fits today well. Everyday- you, me, or someone in the world is feeling down or lost or hopeless in some way, shape, or form. This is a short poem reflecting my small, day to day triumphs over the uncertainties that come with Life.

As I told Lex today on the phone, "I refuse to be a person who always questions why things happen to me. I may sometimes be down, but I am not broken."

Winning Over Me

I feel like I've won a battle of sorts today.

Watching the snow fall,

hearing the silence around me.

Knowing that all will be well with time.

The essence of uncertainty

sometimes tries to wrap its hands

around my time, to influence or to sway.

But I have won you see,

the darkness no longer clouds my vision.

8 comments:

Strawberry Girl said...

I agree with you, it is tedious to be the one focused on "why me?" instead ask "Why not me?" and keep going... a lot of times the hard things seem less hard if you try re-framing them in a positive way.

Great Post, thanks for the reminder... :)

Rick said...

It's enough that you believe it. Have a good weekend. ~rick

Brosreview said...

My darling Annie spoke me mind, hehe. As far as I know you April, you never fail to see the light even in the darkest hour. All I can write is, stay the same! And, I can bet all my money on that darkness will no longer cloud your vision.

An honest write!

BloggerMouth said...

There's no end to worries and finding out why sometimes you just can't seem to pull it off when everyone else is doing just fine. I am glad, you've decided to go around it and not plunge into uncertainty and dark thoughts. Cheers to you.

Denise Burks said...

I love your work.

Thanks for sharing.

Denise Burks

www.successinthesuburbs.blogspot.com
www.stepmotherinthesuburbs.blogspot.com
www.successfulweightlossinthesuburbs.blogspot.com

Rick said...

April- I am broken. Always have been. I've learned to shuffle along bringing the pieces with me, as hunchback with a bum leg. I've given up on well, I take what I find and am grateful. Nice write. You and Tri gonna sport me out one of these days? ~rick

Syd said...

I don't like to ask Why Me? For many things I can wonder, why not me?

findingmywingsinlife said...

Strawberry Girl,
Thanks and your welcome! I think sometimes the greatest battle we have is trying to re-frame our mindsets in a positive way when viewing the world.

Rick,
sometimes, yes.

Brosreview,
:) you are not the only one who seems to think so and I appreciate that. Thanks you!

BloggerMouth,
Yes, sometimes it does seem that there is no end to the worries. But, as you've pointed out, there is always a way around them, over them, or a way to carry them if need be.

Denise Burks,
Thank you for stopping in! I will do my best to visit you when I have time. I'm glad to hear you liked your visit here :)

Rick,
I'm tempted to argue this broken theory of yours, but I'll do that when you let Tri & I "sport" you out ;)

Syd,
I agree, and for many things we can always "What". What can my hands do to help make it better for me or for someone else.