Saturday, January 23, 2010

Traces

I've taken up a challenge. Often times, Tri will read through my drafts on here and then she will quite deliberately look at me as if I'm a few screws loose or a box of crayons short one crayon. "April, you really ought to post some of these. Why do you hide your best work from the world?"

I never really answer that question, (and she knows I probably never will) but I will share one of these poems she seems to think are really good with its original date just above - so you can see when I originally wrote it. It's just a short poem, not much really, but it seems complete just the way it is I think. Anyway, Here's to learning to trust that which is inside of me.

December 8, 2009 11:09 am



Traces



Traces,
fingertips,
eyes meet and
pulled closer they came
to one another.
She remembered thinking,
my god- He's beautiful.
And she wanted to say it out loud,
but her voice died in her throat.

6 comments:

Triana said...

Aaaah, my dear, we both know very well why you choose to keep these secret - to maintain the bubble wrap. It's been so long since bubble wrap has been mentioned. I'm not only elated that you share more and more of your talent these days, but I'm also exuberant that you hide less of yourself beneath your carefully crafted bubble.
:-)
Much friend love and beeg beeg hugs!

Brosreview said...

Hmm, the most disliked but forced to abide hesitance, the resistance felt here. I feel this one. Again, well done! Keep them coming now!!!

BloggerMouth said...

You said so much by saying so little. Great poem.

Shadow said...

this is perfect!!! the attraction, the hesitation, the words unutterable...

Rick said...

April-Very soft and tender. Much said in little. I think he would know through the hush. ~rick

Syd said...

Deeply intense and personal but so real.