Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Silence

I thought that I was going to get to finally take some time last night and visit everyone's blog. That I would get to post all these thoughts and ideas that were waiting for me to think them out as to how I wanted to write them down. I thought that I would have time to relax to myself last night since I was on the road for work.

And I was wrong.



First off, it is the oddest feeling to be driving south and the snowing/blowing was actually getting worse, not better, the more I drove. I finally made it to my destination in Bloomington last night at 11:30 pm, only to get to my room, turn on my laptop and realize that the free wifi didn't work.



So in total, yesterday between all the places I had to visit for work, what should have been a grand total of about 6 hrs on the road- turned into 11 hours because of all the snow that hit last night as I left my last stop for the day for Bloomington. Luckily the drive back up home wasn't nearly as bad. Now here I am writing all this and chatting with Tri.



Oh, and Rick- next time use that phone number I gave you...you'd have better luck getting ahold of me ;)

So with that said, here is another poem from last year that never got posted.


February 28, 2009 11:05 p.m.

Silence

Silence is
thick.
It stifles
the air
here.
Silence is
heavy.
It keeps
me from
speaking.
Silence is
broken.
Once we
finally
say no more.

5 comments:

Brosreview said...

Simple and silent. I like this one. Keep writing!!!

Shadow said...

how i hate those times when not speaking becomes almost second nature...

Rick said...

April- that last wall of silence is always the thickest. It was great talking to you today. Hope you escaped Gary OK. ~rick

BloggerMouth said...

This may very well be one of your finest poems. Silence is how you say too much sometimes.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Brosreview,
Yes, it is a very simple and effective poem. I"m glad you liked it!

Shadow,
You and me both on that one...

Rick,
That last wall is also the hardest to break through and break free from. It was nice talking with you too (and yes, as you can see I made it out of the Gary,IN area just fine)

Bloggermouth,
Why thank you! Your right though, there's a lot that can be said with silence.