Thursday, January 14, 2010

Rain

I've got lots of stuff in my head, things I want to write and post and yet not. Its been an interesting day. Lots of stuff goin on here in this little world of mine. I was bummed to hear Teddy Pendergrass passed away yesterday- one of the most influential R&B singers of his time, loved his music. I don't know whats with me today, but I seem so not inspired, or well maybe its more not motivated to write it out. I'm gonna try to write something anyway. Lets see what comes out....

Rain by April Gerard (last stanza is from the song Rain by Breaking Benjamin)

Even though I know,
there is nothing else show,
I still feel naked here in the rain.

I look at these hands of mine,
just remind of the times,
I held a special memory in their palms.

Tears fall, but I don't know why.
I shouldn't feel so empty
when it rains.

Sometimes there is nothing left,
I just take it as it comes I guess,
and smile cause I know it will go away.

and I sing just one line to myself today
and it goes,

"Rain, Rain go away,
come again some other day,
all the world is waiting on the sun."

6 comments:

lakeviewer said...

Sounds like a song to me. Go ahead, add a tune to it.

Rick said...

April- love the flow, but I'm a trespasser to sunshine. Rain is my blanket. Love the idea of holding memories in your palm. ~rick

Shadow said...

i agree, this should be a song...

Aren O. Týr said...

"Rain is my blanket". I love that expression, Rick.

I'm also a rain lover, it has something of a purifying and softening effect. It also brings a certain peace, almost a certain Zen like serenity.

It has sparsity and space. How much more in contact with the things that matter, and above all, with oneself, when you're doing nothing except simply walking along in the rain.

Incidentally, I thoroughly enjoyed walking to work this morning in heavy rain (I have the appropriate clothing for it).

Brosreview said...

This seems like a song! A very good one too! Keep writing!!!

findingmywingsinlife said...

Lakeviewer,
Yeah, I guess it does :)

Rick,
I actually happen to like rain- as long as its warm. I know, I know- I live in the wrong state if I'm looking for warm, but cold affects me worse than most, literally my blood won't circulate right if I'm too cold- I haven't had a doctor who could tell me why yet either.

Shadow,
I might have to work on it a little more, but I'm definitely starting to be in agreement with that!

Aren,
I agree, as long as its warm rain- just as I mentioned to Rick. Rain has that ability to wash away, to cleanse your mind so to speak..if that makes any sense.

Brosreview,
So I guess a song it is then!