Saturday, December 12, 2009

A thought from Class and Some local music

I've had a lot to think about lately. One of the instructors for my course, Brenda, had something really intriguing to say. I've never heard this phrase before but it definitely caught my attention. I had mentioned to her that some of the problems in housing and being able to measure its success or failure is that there is too much emotion involved and that people never ever do anything that is logical when emotions are involved.

Her response was, "So you're saying that instead of us being humans who are having a spiritual experience- we are spirits having a human experience?"

Thats a powerful statement and one worth pondering and thinking on, at least I think so anyway.



Well I'm going to enjoy some local bands music tonight you can check them out here if you like:

Sirface and Teays Vein

7 comments:

Spellbound said...

That makes perfect sense. I love it and I'm going to try it on for a bit and see how it fits.

Brosreview said...

A great line! Thanks for sharing the links to music!

PS: I hope all is well now

Shadow said...

when i'm in an emotional state i'm definately not logical... i need to time feel, process, desypher (how do you spell this????), and then i can proceed.

BloggerMouth said...

I've always wondered about that but seeing those words, in a blanket statement like that made me shudder. Thanks for posting this here!

findingmywingsinlife said...

Spellbound,
It does doesn't it? I was thinking of how it gives a whole new perspective on how we view ourselves and the things we do.

Brosreview,
Yes it was a great line wasn't it! No problem with sharing the music, I just wish these bands would find better ways to promote their music instead of using myspace so frequently. I know I'm repeating myself here- but the music player on myspace truly sucks. Ok, got that outta my system I think.
And yes, all is getting better- one small step at a time.

Shadow,
yes! I know exactly what you mean. And its spelled decipher. :)

BloggerMouth,
I've had an inkling to this idea as well. Glad I could share this.

Syd said...

I hadn't thought about it that way. I think that I do both--the human side and the spirit side.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Syd,
I'm inclined to think we all do.