Monday, December 21, 2009

The String

Maintenance and revamping ideas are still being tossed around before we put them up and Lex came down with the flu Sunday... so we are hoping that we can get to work on creating my blog's new look later this week, until then- please enjoy my newest poem that I've written today. I actually wrote this in the van while waiting in line to make the daily bank deposits for work. Hope you like it.

The String

There is this string of friendship
between you and I.
And threaded through the needle's eye-
it pulls back together the pieces
of my heart's remains.
I would not have had the strength you see,
to sew up each and every seam,
but you, you are helping to give my hand
the strength it so dearly needs.

6 comments:

Brosreview said...

Very promising this one. Carries a good mood, a promising future, this one. Well done and good luck for the future.

lakeviewer said...

Good luck on your revamping project.

Shadow said...

damn that's a nice poem!

dianne said...

That's a lovely little poem dear April, good luck with your redecorating project. ♥

Syd said...

I like that poem a lot. It says so much about how we rely on others for help when we need it.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Brosreview,
Thank you. I think so too.

Lakeviewer,
Thanks, it might take some time, but I think it will look pretty nice by the time we are done with it!

Shadow,
Thank you my friend!

Dianne,
I was hoping the little bit I said was able to say what was on my mind- I think it did. I'm glad you liked it.

Syd,
Thank you!