Monday, December 14, 2009

Smushed my Thumb :(

Well, I had every intention of posting another poem earlier today, but I ended up shutting my thumb in my van door- requiring a visit to the nearest emergency room. I now have a splint on my thumb and I learned two things:

1. The doctor doesn't think its broken, but he also stated that many, many small fractures never show up on an xray until 5-10 days after the injury occurred. So, I am to follow up with my family doctor in a couple of days to confirm for sure that it is not broken. He asked me if it hurt, my repy was, "Well, I nearly pissed my pants because it hurt so freakin bad after I realized my thumb was still stuck in the door and then it hurt worse after I opened the door to retrieve my thumb out of it. Not even childbirth hurt this bad!"

2. I have a genetic anomaly. Apparently, the xray revealed that I have an extra bone in my thumb that is not supposed to be there. I was informed that some people do have extra bones, but having one in the thumb is a rarity. Soooo...I guess that means I'm special???? I thought it was a pretty neat quality anyway.

3. (Yeah, I know I said two) but I gotta say- typing is a slight challenge with a splint on your thumb! Hopefully, I'll still be able to manage my daily posts. Right now though, it kinda hurts to type so this small post will have to do for now, I do hope you all don't mind waiting a day or few days before I manage to post a few more poems and finish the short story I mentioned that I was working on.

Hope everyone is having a great day/night!

7 comments:

Brosreview said...

No, I don't mind waiting for a few days! Get well soon!

Extra bones = Special?! Nice one! Hehe

BloggerMouth said...

I hope you feel better soon! I saw the increase in the number of words you've written for your nanowrimo... My best friend is participating too... I hope both of you win! :P

Natalie said...

Feel better ,April.x

Shadow said...

ouch! ouch! ouch! and yes, you are special. in more ways than just that extra bone!

lakeviewer said...

Take care. Get somebody else to do the dishes.

Rikkij said...

April-ouch! sorry to hear bout that. God shoulda made thumbs tougher. Hope it doesn't hurt long. ~rick

findingmywingsinlife said...

Brosreview,
Thanks you! And I thought it was pretty neat knowing I had an extra bone :)

BloggerMouth,
Technically, the contest is over- which means I didn't win. But, I'm the type that no matter how long it takes, I don't stop doing something I've started until I've finished it- which is why I'm still updating my word count on here. Thank you though for your encouragement!

Natalie!!!! I do hope things are going better over there in your area. Hugs to you.

Shadow,
Yes. It definitely hurt. I'm honored that you would think so highly of me. Thank you my friend.

Lakeviewer,
I'd be waiting until hell froze over if I tried to get someone else to do the dishes- that's why I make frequent use of the dishwasher :)

Rikkij,
Naw, God don't need to change the toughness of thumbs- I just need to be less of a clutz.