Friday, December 18, 2009

One by one the Hurts will Come

Sometimes life is difficult, but not insurmountable and certainly it is one of the most beautiful and precious things we are ever given that not a one of us ever asked for. This poem gives you each a glimpse into how I think sometimes when I think on life.

One by One the Hurts Will Come

Hurts come one by one,
or sometimes all at once.
But they are a part of the life
we are given to live.
Consequences are not always
foreseen, and often we know not
what it is we do, until its been done,
by our own hand.

The best we can do is Love
and forgive, for sometimes
hurts are given without the giver
knowing it hurts,
and sometimes...
you are the giver;
sometimes we don't always
understand- but not understanding
doesn't mean we have to be afraid,
it doesn't mean we can't give
our love in spite of everything
we just don't know.
Because, even as one by one
the hurts will come-
laughter is bound to follow after.

4 comments:

lakeviewer said...

Love this, especially the last line.

Brosreview said...

The first couple of lines confirm to me that I am alive. I like the circle you've established, at least towards the end. Nicely done!

Shadow said...

the swings that are part of life... i'm glad your poem ended with the laughter.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Lakeviewer,
Thank you!

Brosreview,
I'm glad you like it. When Annie left her comment on my post Blink of Time, she inspired me to write this...I do hope she likes it as well :)

Shadow,
Laughter is always bound to come, we just need to give it time to arrive :)