Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Jump Rope of Life

life is a constant battle of one form or another, the question is are we going to let it get us down or are we going to grow stronger and/or wiser because of it? Will we let life's trials shape us into better beings? Will we learn to Jump Rope?

I want to post something a little more somber today, a reminder that life is waiting for you to live it- not give it up. I have had many friends and a few family members who are constantly in battle- battle for the physical health, mental health, depression- you name it, someone's battling it and overcoming it.

An example is a band, called Blue October, who has overcome the odds and stigma that people associate with those who have to learn to manage their mental health. I have a huge amount of respect for this band as they promote mental health awareness & suicide prevention.


My point in posting this is to tell each of you that as you go into the new year, remember to stay positive and keep your goals in focus, and never let the jump rope get you down...because, this video is right- Life is like a jump rope. Go ahead with those dreams of yours and do what you love no matter what obstacles or hurdles you have to learn to overcome...

Though the New Year may bring you pain, it will also bring you Joy (which is far richer than instant happiness in my opinion)-if you let it. Here's to a New Year and all it may bring.




7 comments:

Becky said...

What a great song and an important message to reflect on. If we accept that life is going to have its downs, but know we can ride them out....as we always do, then that gives us strength . New opportunities and people are always there, just around the corner
Happy New Year :-)

Brosreview said...

A good song, and a great message from you. We're very close to opening a blank book ready be filled with words by us. For me, the first day is a step to a space full of opportunities and decisions. Snatch them opportunities and cautiously make and take the right decision. Annie and I have a lot in mind for this beautiful year (and years)ahead. It is a chance to fix things and get it right.

PS: Have you checked the new blog section at my spot?

lakeviewer said...

Life has rhythms, up and down, fast and slow, dark and light. Only through the contrast we appreciate the opposites.

Eva O'Dell said...

This year I have spent a great amount of time letting life get me down. My resolution is to enjoy more of it in 2010. Wishing you a happy new year.

Shadow said...

you brought tears to my eyes with your heartfelt words. thank you. i really needed them today. love you lots! and have a happy new year too!

Maroussia said...

It will be great to watch Young Frankenstein, i have bought tickets from
http://ticketfront.com/event/Young_Frankenstein-tickets looking forward to it.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Becky,
I think that is perhaps one of the wisest statements I've read in a while. Thank you for that :)

Brosreview,
You know, I didn't realize I missed replying to the comments on this one and I'm so sorry. I'm glad to hear things are going well for you and Annie. And yes, I've checked out that new section- a great idea!

Lakeviewer,
You are absolutely right!

Eva O'Dell,
Yes, sometimes we do allow life to get us down. I think its a great idea to resolve to enjoy the time ahead and allow yourself to smile in spite of whatever life brings your way.

Shadow,
I hope they were good tears! You're an awesome friend to have on here and I hope that one day we get to meet in person, that is if you'd like to someday :)

Maroussia,
Thanks for stopping by, though I'm not exactly sure how Young Frankenstein relates to my post...