Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Blink of Time

Just a few thoughts....

Over the past couple of weeks I've learned some very hard lessons in life. I was thinking today about how much my thumb hurts from just that one fraction of an instant when I slammed the door on it, without realizing the thumb was in the way and in the wrong place at the wrong time. This thought has got me to thinking on life. On the way we often have hurts that aren't easily healed, if indeed at all, that have resulted from split second instances gone awry.

Truly I'm beginning to think that our most hurtful phases in life are directly resulting from decisions, choices, or even indecisions that were made without so much as a blink of eye's worth of time. Of course, I also think that we steam on ahead so sure that we are headed in the right direction based on our perception of how things are- that we fail to see the cliff up ahead that we are about to throw ourselves off of.

All this thinking of mine, inspired by a nearly broken thumb... funny how life makes you take another look at something you thought you already knew.


I do hope you are each having a wonderful night! Me? I'm kind of proud of myself for being able to type this- but I've been thinking on it all day and just had to get it out. Sometimes you just have to do something no matter what it takes or how long it takes you to do it.

6 comments:

~Ellie Kings~ said...

Sorry about your thumb. Though I'm glad the outcome was 'inspiration'. It's the little things that give life meaning. :) Feel better.

Strawberry Girl said...

Interesting, reminds me of the finger I smashed earlier this year when I decided to relocate the stones for the outdoor fire-pit. It was a split second instant kind of thing.

What you've written also reminds me of a split second decision that changed my life when I was only 15 years old... 13 years and 4 children later... well lets just say that I've spent most of the past 13 years trying to "fix" the original bad decision. Some things can't be fixed can they...?

Brosreview said...

This whole world's circumstances render choices. It is up to us to decide what to do and what not to. Rightfully, circumstances rule over us.

I believe people should stand by their decision. Else, once they suspect something "fishy", use the detour. Choices are always there! It is up to us to open our eyes and see them to take them.

Thumbs are so important. That is why Dhronacharya asked Eklavya for his thumb and not anything else.

It's your great strength and determination that makes you stay loyal to your readers by sharing something to read about.

Thanks for that! Get well soon!

Shadow said...

sometimes when we are forced to stand still, we can hear the whispers in the wind...

Syd said...

Ouch on the thumb. Things can change in an instant and I'd best be prepared to be flexible and not static.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Ellie,
Thank you!

Strawberry Girl,
I have been meaning to respond to this waaaay before now, so please accept my apologies.

I think that sometimes we think our decisions should somehow be fixable, when maybe its just a lesson in life well learned that helped you grow into a wiser, beautiful, and more compassionate woman. I know, been there myself with 9 years of wondering "what's wrong with me? Why can't I fix this?"

Brosreview,
Very well said! Thank you!