Friday, November 6, 2009

Wonder, Laugh, and Dream

I was extremely exhausted last night and I didn't feel very good at all... and I'm a bit disappointed with myself because of it. I did not get my daily post in and I did not get any writing done in my NaNo novel. The upside to yesterday was a smile as I read a few text messages sent to me by one of my dearest friends in the world. Someday I will show that person that they really do have wings- they must have with all the encouragement their friendship brings me.

Anyway, here is a poem to make up for my absence last night and I assure you, you'll see another post go up later this evening, after I get the work day done.

Wonder, Laugh, and Dream

Memories washed ashore, like the sand
A childhood memories hand, unbroken
difficult to face and yet here I stand,
unbroken too.

I smile in spite of myself at that.

You know here I think, I can still experience that wonder
age doesn't mean much when it comes to loving life.
I can still yet be the child I never was aloud to be.
Isn't the childish laughter we covet-
isn't it really just about being carefree and not taking life forgranted
in our innocence set free?

Yes, I think there is something to that thought.

So I say to myself, who says a grown up can't
play Tag, or Red Rover, or Hide and Seek?

Who says I can't love life and remind my friends
to do the same?

So, I wonder, if I scream (((((MARKO))))) loud enough,
Will others shout ((((POLO)))) and laugh and run with me?

4 comments:

DreamDancer said...

((((((( POLO )))))))) I'm game! Thanks for the uplifting post!

Brosreview said...

This is an upbeat one! I like it! You will get my point - this one is like a LIVE version of a song!!!

Pardon me, shouldn't "aloud" be "allowed".

Syd said...

Happy post. It is good to wonder, laugh and dream.

findingmywingsinlife said...

DreamDancer,
You're On!

Brosreview,
I hadn't thought of that, but as I go back and read it I think you are right! Thanks! -oh and yes, silly me wrote the wrong word in there...need to go back and fix that.

Syd,
Yes it is isn't?