Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thinking Aloud

A morning post here- not normal for me. I'm soooooo not a morning person. But I've been getting a lot of rest for a change down here and I'm relishing it. So here's a random poem of thoughts rambling on.

Thinking Aloud


the world spinning 'round
milliions of miles gone by
and here, rooted to the ground,
I sit.

Doesn't feel like its moving,
no- in fact it feels very still,
as silly as it sounds, I'm wondering
how come we don't hear it whirring?

Probably with all our goins on,
all our carrying about,
we just don't hear much...
not even the silence that often beckons us
to listen.

I heard the other day that some
find it unnerving to be in a place
of silence. Really? I thought.
How could silence be so frightening?
Perhaps they are afraid to hear themselves
think? I don't really know.

Such a shame.

Silence, stillness-
my perception of it anyway
'cause the world is always moving-
They are beautiful
sometimes.

In just the right frame of mind
they are precious.

Ah, well look-
my attention has been diverted
from this train of thought
with sounds of morning.

Silence doesn't last very long
these days.

7 comments:

BloggerMouth said...

I love the title of your poem... Thinking aloud! You know I always thought silence is one genre of music that no one pays attention to. You're thoughts are pretty collected for someone who's not a morning person!

~Ellie Kings~ said...

Very nice piece, and congrats on your NaNo words. good luck with that!

Rikkij said...

April-I have to go with Solomon- For every thing there is a purpose and a time. Nice relaxed poem that eases my tension. Thanks~rick

Syd said...

I have to be a morning person because of taking care of the dogs and getting to work but I would actually like to sleep in until at least 7 AM.

findingmywingsinlife said...

BloggerMouth,
I agree about that, regarding silence as a genre of music. Thanks!

Ellie Kings,
I'm very, very behind on this NaNo thing, but I've decided to keep track of my progress with this book even after the contest is over. I'm determined to finish the book I've started for it :) I'm glad you liked this post!

Rikkij,
I really need to get over to visit you! I'm glad I could help to ease your tensions,whatever they may be. Keep your chin up my friend!

Syd,
7am is sleeping in???? I always thought sleeping in was more like 8 or 9am.... but then, I agree with you, if I could just sleep those extra minutes (alarm goes off for me at 6:30am every morning) I'd be feeling pretty good :)

Brosreview said...

Great title! This is quite informative, if I may. I mean, people know about this, but do not necessarily practice this, do they?

Quite frankly expressed! Good job!

findingmywingsinlife said...

Brosreview,
You are right, people know but don't always pay attention to these things. Thanks you!