Thursday, November 26, 2009

Something for Thanksgiving

What Have I to Be Thankful For?

The breath in my chest,
the chance at another sunrise and sunset,
stars to see at night.
The kiss of a soon to be 3 year old,
a 4 year on the go,
and a 10 year old wishing to grow up.
The sight of new days,
the sounds of music flowing in my ears,
and the silent serenity of nature's rythme.
The voice of the wind,
birds in the air,
and a car to take me anywhere.
My hands to do with what I choose,
my voice to say to whom what I wish,
my love to give to all.

Those are the things worthwhile,
worth being greatful that I have been given
the same gift as you- a chance to live.

8 comments:

BloggerMouth said...

Happy Thanksgiving! We don't celebrate it here in India but I think we should! It's so humbling. Beautiful poem.

Susan said...

Lovely.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Shadow said...

this reads like a dance....

Rikkij said...

April-sounds like a good place to find yourself. Have a great weekend. ~rick

findingmywingsinlife said...

BloggerMouth,
Thank you!

Susan,
Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

Shadow,
I think you're right, though I didn't realize it when I was writing it :)

Rikkij,
Yeah it does, doesn't it?
hope you have a good weekend as well :)

findingmywingsinlife said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Syd said...

A chance to live, really live, is a great gift.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Syd,
I agree. Absolutely.