Sunday, November 8, 2009

Running around with my Kiddos :-)

Yesterday I had a lot going on, so I just didn't get a post in. But, the good part is- is that I spent a lot of time with my kids yesterday and we had a really, really good time. I did have a few minor suprises happen. For instance, I was able to take myself, my kids, Triana, and her kids up to Elkhart to visit a friend of mine and then a friend of hers.

We made it to my friends place of work in relative peace- with the exception of a van full of kids yelling and screaming and carrying on (like kids do) so that I could drop off a present for them. I had bought a cd for my friend and I hadn't been able to give it to them since I live an hour away. I was able to chat for a bit which was nice (after getting the kids through the round of "I need to go potty Mom" and getting them all to the bathroom) and deliver my present.

When I went to leave, the van wouldn't start! Thank you my dear friend for kindly jumpstarting my van for me so that I could get to the next destination!

Then the rest of the day with the kids went fairly smoothly, made it to a birthday party for a set of triplets (that we weren't aware that they were having their birthday party since we thought it would be great to surprise them with our visit), and then the day got kind of stressful after I dropped off Triana and her kids to their respective places. But, it wasn't something I couldn't handle once I got a handle on myself and took a few deep breaths and talked out some things w/ a few good friends to help me get my head on straight so I could see through my anger rather than with it.

All in all, I really enjoyed the time with my kids.
The other stuff, well I learned to just let things that other people choose to do, roll of my shoulders. It just wasnt worth it to keep trying to make sense of stuff that just don't make a lick of sense.

No comments: