Monday, November 30, 2009

Paper Rains

For Triana.

Paper Rains

Lost all, home is gone,
no more does the heart belong.
Torn views, midnight hues,
and paper rain that falls on
Sunday's blues.

Lost all....all thoughts of time
in the here and now,
for the here and now holds
things no one wants to see,
but there is always that pain..
that pain that is kept locked up in thee.

No more tears. That unspoken plea
for home that is missing, when looted
has been the love dear to her soul.

Letters she'd write to tell her thoughts,
crumpled up in balls of knots,
and her paper rain falls,
tears cried in the unsilent night,
shamed with insecurities and frailties;
unbidden fears creep up
and she feels them swallow her whole.

And still, the paper rains fall
without touching, without washing away
all that weighs her down.

And the only thing I have to give
is my hand and my love,
because life and how it sometimes is-
was never mine to fix.

But no one said I couldn't be a friend,
and that is all I have...
to help you through the paper rains.

6 comments:

~Ellie Kings~ said...

Very heartfelt, cutting through the heart. Absolutely stunning!

Triana said...

Sniff sniff.
I can't leave a comment, just a silent stream of tears.
Was I really that bad last night? Did I say something unusually sad?
It's very beautiful. And I love you too dear friend.

Shadow said...

a hand and some love is usually all that is needed.... beautiful!!!

Syd said...

A sad poem. Thanks for sharing.

Brosreview said...

Sad but beautiful!

findingmywingsinlife said...

Ellie Kings,
Thank you.

Triana,
alright, alright. Stop with the tears, you're starting to make me look like I might be mushy on the inside :)

But I did mean it when I said I'd be your friend through everything.

Shadow,
I'm glad you liked it.

Syd,
Yes, there is a bit of sadness in it, but there is also hope too. Well, at least I hope there is.

Brosreview,
Sad things come with the package of life, but it doesn't make it any less beautiful.