Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I'll share just a small excerpt...

and then you'll have to wait until the end of the month for me to post any more of it at all. But, I thought you each might like to know a little bit about the novel I've chosen to write for the NaNoWriMo contest. So without further ado, here is the excerpt that I have posted on NaNoWriMo:

Dark Wings


She opened her eyes to the scene around her. Her vision was hazy and it was with great effort that she re-focused her eyes on where she was. And just where was she??? Her head bent down to look at the rest of her, and she realized that she was lying down, sprawled out, with her face against the smooth of cold, damp stone. Her body ached. Her disorientation continued as she heard a “whoosh” sound.

What was that?

Then she realized that sound was coming from her. How was that possible? Then she saw a few black feathers stretch up to her face. She realized with shock- she had wings. But they weren’t the white pretty pictured things that people so often dream about, these were sleek black wings- startling against her pale skin. My skin, she realized. Her hand ran down to her chest to reveal that there were no clothes. Nothing covering her as she laid on the coolness of damp stone. Which brought her around to her next thought.

Where was she?

5 comments:

Rikkij said...

April-interesting. Now I must wonder of before and after. A novel in a month sounds a bit too ambitious for me. Maybe a decade. Good luck. ~rick

Shadow said...

intriguing... keep going!

findingmywingsinlife said...

Rikkij,
Ah well, the enticement of curiosity has you now-but you still have to wait until the end of the month for anymore of it :) and we will see if you're right about too ambitious or not....I'm going to stay hopeful on that one or else I wouldn't have taken up the challenge ;-)

Shadow,
Aye aye Captain! I'm off to write a bit more in it!

~Ellie Kings~ said...

I am officially intrigued for more! Good luck NaNo, not that you need it from what I read.
Ellie

findingmywingsinlife said...

Ellie,
I appreciate that and Thank you for such kind words, but I'm thinking maybe I bit off a bit much w/ this one,can't seem to squeeze it in my day each day...to be truthful I'm sooooo terribly behind on it already!