Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I have taken a challenge...

..and may have taken on more than I can chew, but we will see where it goes!



I have signed up (a day late I might add) for the NaNoWriMo challenge.Thank you Fantastic Forrest for mentioning it to me (I had never heard of it before). I've never, ever tried this before but Yes, I'm going to see if I can cook up a novel in a one month. A completely new novel aside from the ones I'm already working on (part of the rules of the contest). I started it last night and found it to be refreshing, a nice change of pace- although I'm already way behind schedule. I'm not planning on winning, just planning on sticking to the idea of writing something everyday for just this month.

We will see how that goes, especially with my work schedule.

But, I do have a whole week in Memphis coming up in a couple of weeks for a training I have to attend, so...I'm thinking that will work to my advantage, give me quiet time to relax and write in the evenings. So far I've written like a little over 1200 words (the contest is based on reaching 50,000 words, not on quality of work, so I'm supposed to just let her rip and not try to edit myself in the process. THaT is going to be a serious issue for me but I'm bound and determined to at least give this my best efforts.

So here's to writing with no inhibitions, at least I'm beginning to think that's the point of this....

5 comments:

Janice said...

Good luck , I admire people who can write novels

Shadow said...

i salute you! good luck and happy writing!!!

findingmywingsinlife said...

Janice,
Thank you for that! I think I'm going to need all the help I can get to pull this one off :)

Shadow,
Thanks you! I enjoy the writing now, but we will see how I feel come the end of next week!

Syd said...

I think that all of you who do this project are admirable. Good luck with it.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Syd,
Thank you for that!