Monday, November 23, 2009

A Hand to Hold

A song of mine that I just got a sudden urge to write just now after listening to some of the new stuff that Darius Rucker has been doing in the country scene, especially his song "History in the Making". Hope you all think it's a good one. Enjoy!

A Hand to Hold

There are times
in our lives
we all see.

When we think
we can't get up
off our knees,

And face the day again.

Baby I, I didn't know
how good it could feel
with your hand so close

you pulled me up,
you touched my soul,
you gave me strength
when I didn't have a hold
to hold on too.

If ever you tired and broken,
if ever you think your alone,
Baby i'm right here holding
onto your hand,
and Baby I ain't letting go.

there will be
things you don't
want to see.

It will hurt
sometimes in life

It'll make you
want to give
up your fight.

If ever you tired and broken,
if ever you think your alone,
Baby i'm right here holding
onto your hand,
and Baby I ain't letting go.

I ain't letting go,
babe don't worry-
I won't let go.

4 comments:

Shadow said...

oh, yes! i love it!!!

findingmywingsinlife said...

Shadow,
This one means a lot to me, it is for a friend who is very, very dear to my heart. I had hoped more people would've liked it, but it is enough to see that you do- Thank you!

Brosreview said...

April, very simple, but filled with emotions. Everyone, at least once in a while, need someone to hold on to. I completely understand this one.

And, why not April? You were one of them who lent me "a hand to hold", weren't you?

Most importantly, it is Annie! She is always there for me. Always!

It matters a lot! Oh yes! It does!

Very emotional! Very simple! And frankly, quite effective as well! Keep up the good work April!!!

findingmywingsinlife said...

Brosreview,
It is wonderful that you and Annie are doing so well! And you are right, everyone at some point and time needs a person of which they feel will be there with them no matter what life brings.