Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Gift from some dear friends across the Ocean

I know I've been sharing poems I've written for others here lately, but below is one of the most endearing gifts I've ever received that was sent to me just yesterday. Ajey has sent me a song he has written and suprised me with. If you have not checked out Brosreview, please do so- he and his Love, Annie, are talented song writers/poets and wonderful friends. He has given me permission to share this lovely song with each of you.

Thank you Annie and Ajey for writing such beautiful words and for your support.



From Annie and Ajey to a dear friend, April!


Finding Your Wings In Life

(Guitar + Bass INTRO)
(Drums begin)

Spread it out, spread it out
Discharge it all away
Strong within, you’re finding your wings in life

(Strings begin)

Crying out, wiping out
The silence breaks within
Find the space, fill it up to solve the mosaic

(Drum + Strings Fill)

But, she learns from life’s lessons
And, she’ll find the right direction

(DUAL VOCALS)
Still she leaned down
More than she could lean
She gathered and shared her strength with me
I wake up
From my dreams to reality

Tell it out, talk it out
Spill your feelings out
With me, as a friend or as a human

Let the rage, off the cage
Empty words, they mean something
Let it out
Let the string release your dreams

(Guitar bridge)

Don’t let unfulfilled dreams consume you
Never feel like giving up

(DUAL VOCALS)
Still she leaned down
More than she could lean
She gathered and shared her strength with me
I wake up
From my dreams to reality

Light reveals your transparent soul
And, I think of ways to fill that hole

(Strings solo)

(DUAL VOCALS + STRINGS SOLO BACKGROUND)
There came a revelation
Without any hesitation
You resolved my frustration
And, hid yours’ from me

(Drums fill)

(DUAL VOCALS + STRINGS SOLO BACKGROUND)
Now, that I am here
I am here as a friend
A friend to listen to your thoughts
Your thoughts that still lingers

(Drums break)
(ONLY GUITAR)

(DUAL VOCALS)
Still she leaned down
More than she could lean
She gathered and shared her strength with me
I wake up
From my dreams to reality

(Drums begin)
(Guitar solo)

(DUAL VOCALS)
Still she leaned down
More than she could lean
She gathered
She shared
Her strength with me
I wake up
From my dreams to reality

Light reveals your transparent soul
And, I think of ways to fill that hole
To make you smile, like a friend would do

(All instruments stop except guitar)

Spread it out
Spread it out
You’re finding your wings in life

Copyright © Ajey Padival 2009 (Brisbane, Australia; +61434360675; ajeypadival@msn.com)

6 comments:

~Ellie Kings~ said...

This song is absolutely beautiful! I can almost hear the music with it! Lovely!

lakeviewer said...

Wow! Can't wait for the music video to complement the lyrics.

Rikkij said...

April-I think they got it right (no surprise) You're worthy of song, to be sure. ~rick

DreamDancer said...

Wow, this is beautiful!

Shadow said...

what beautiful lyrics!

Noelle said...

This is absolutely wonderful! A true gift! You deserve it, April.