Friday, November 6, 2009

A Friend Once Said

well as promised here is another post for today. I wrote this for a friend of mine and wanted to share it.

A Friend Once Told Me by April Gerard

A friend once told me
The world was in my hands,
And I had to stop and pause
To think just what they meant.

A friend once said to me,
Never close your eyes
To the possibilities and the wonder
That comes from life’s surprises.

So I kept my eyes open,
hoping to see as they did.

A friend once said to me,
Without saying a word
That life was more than I had imagined,
That it was cared for without a doubt

Yes, I see now, just how my hands
Hold the world- it’s in the way I view things and
As my way of thinking starts to change,
I Cast away my doubts.

6 comments:

Spellbound said...

A wonderful friend to have indeed.

Rikkij said...

April- good things for friends to say and you write it so well. ~rick

Susan said...

I love this. Beautiful

lakeviewer said...

That friend cares for you!

Brosreview said...

That's a great friend one could wish for. Simple and to the point! I like it for the same! Keep writing!!!

findingmywingsinlife said...

Spellbound,
Yes, I thought so- that was why I wrote this poem.

Rikkij,
Thank you Rick!

Susan,
Welcome and Thank you! I'm glad you like it!

Lakeviewer,
Yeah, they do :-)

Brosreview,
Yes, simple and to the point- I liked it for the same reasons. Good friends who are willing to say it like it is are hard to come by these days.