Friday, November 27, 2009

A Big Girl Now

Today is my youngest Daughter's birthday. She is 3. You should have seen her this morning, bright eyed, jumping up and down exclaiming, "Its my birthday!! I'm 3 now!!!" She's is such a wonderful blessing to have, just as all my kids are. They teach me so many things in life, that sometimes my heart hurts with the love I have for them. I'm headed off to give a little girl her birthday party and enjoy the precious time with her while she is still little.


A Big Girl Now

5:30 am,
she's running down the stairs
already. "I'm up mom! I'm up!"
You'd have thought it was christmas,
with all her carryings about.
Her short blonde hair, confident smiles-
the laughter and glee that sneaks
from her mouth as she giggles
when I tickle her.
she's beautiful and full of it.
Thinks she's near grown already.
But I know better, there are still many
more years before that happens,
and they will go by so quickly.
I'm afraid to blink for fear
I'll miss those years.
I nearly double over in laughter
at the antics she comes up with,
her quick wit and easy talking skills,
even though she's only 3 now.
And short, just like her momma.
She's independent and strong willed,
but kind hearted and compassionate.
She will change the world someday,
change it with her love.
Love she freely gives.

6 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Birthday to your little girl!

Rikkij said...

April- Happy Birthday to her. Hold and lock the day in timeless memory. They will be too few, too quickly passed. ~rick

Linda S. Socha said...

Ah wonderful post! The time moves through these joys so quickly....Love your absolute presence in the now!
Hugs
Linda

Brosreview said...

Convey my birthday wishes to your daughter!

A beautiful poem!

Syd said...

Ah..I don't remember much about being three but I'm sure that it was a good day. Happy Birthday to your little one.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Susan,
Thank you, she had a wonderful time!

Rikkij,
I know what you mean and believe me, those memories I'm holding onto for dear life.

Linda,
It is wonderful to see you again! I do hope things are well your way and thank you!

Brosreview,
Thanks!

Syd,
Thanks as well, she's quite the character sometimes!