Sunday, October 25, 2009

Perceptions

I'm starting to feel a little bit better today. I definitely was not up to par this weekend. I spent alot of time just vegetating around the house (as much as anyone with kids running around can anyway.) So, here I am, feeling a bit better and making a post. I'm in a bit of a thinking mood, so pardon me if I end up not making any sense throughout this post. I tend to "think out loud" or in this case, "write out loud".

I've been thinking alot on perception. How we each see things differently and interpret things differently. I've also been giving a lot of thought to the idea that we each have just a few handful of people that we try our very hardest to help them see things from our point of view. These are the ones who mean the most to us, the ones we want to share every bit of ourselves with- both the good and the bad, and everything in between. The problem is we can't ever see every angle that someone might be looking at the same idea or concept with.

You know its sort of confusing but I often wonder if the perception another may have of you isn't what you think they see and instead they see what you're saying but not in the same way you'd have thought. And to top it all off, we never really see each other until we stop looking at each other through our own perceptions and start to wonder what theirs might be...

If I've thoroughly confused you, well I apologize for that, my thinking does sometimes get that way :)

I suppose I could go a multitude of different ways with these thoughts of mine, but I know I've a long week, well month really, of traveling and what nots for work so I'll leave this go for now and try to get some rest.

Hope you all had a good weekend and lets hope that tomorrow isn't a bad Monday!

3 comments:

Shadow said...

and that's why i wish i could see the world through another's eye. just once...

Syd said...

I like to think it means I've given up trying to convince or even control the other person into seeing my viewpoint. I realize that I am powerless over what they think. I have a sponsee struggling with this very concept that you wrote about.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Shadow,
Me too, Me too.

Syd,
I know another person who is also struggling with this concept. I hope your sponsee finds a way to embrace this and understand it.