Thursday, October 15, 2009

Held in My Head

Its kind of noisy here where I'm at. Triana and I decided we'd been neglecting our old hangout spot for far too long and so here we are, once again at Deer Park here in Fort Wayne. Unbeknowst to us, its Octoberfest beer tasting night here.

Fun, fun...not for me. I don't do beer, and on top of it I'm the girl getting stares that feel a bit awkward to me all while I type along on my laptop- did I mention I'm in a bar, typing????

Well, anyway here's a small poem for you each and I'm going to get back to catching up on the weeks events with Triana.

Held in My Head

The brush of thoughts,
a soft promise,
hushed in my head.
I hope you mean it.

I think of these
often enough to
drive an insane person
sane. or insane again.

Curious isn't it?
how it all seems to fit
somehow. but I'm
still not sure how.

Right or wrong I
don't know. But then
I never claimed to
know it all, still learning.

Trying to untangle my thoughts
from brinks of uncertainty
tossed with empty hopes
gone astray, lost but saved.

3 comments:

Rikkij said...

April-can hopes be empty? isn't that like wet being dry? Anyway, I like your poem and Ft Wayne must really be rockin tonite! ~rick

Anonymous said...

“I would like to ask them if they can remember
Perhaps in a revolving door or face to face one day
A “Sorry” in the crowd, a “Wrong number” on the phone?
But I know the answer - No, they don't remember.”

findingmywingsinlife said...

Rikkij,
After a while a person will hold their hopes inward, never able to empty them out, hence they become empty of promise, of fruition. But I'm still holding out the one hope that I have that says saving all these hopes and dreams hasn't been in vain.

Anonymous,
A quote from the dear Dianne's poem she posted the other day. It is fitting, very like you to point out such things. It is good to see you still around,or at least popping in occasionally.