Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Favorites

I've got a lot on my mind right now, so rather than post a poem, story, or something else like that I'd like to post some of my favorite quotes that I have plastered to my wall next to my desk at work. They are:

"When one door closes another opens. But often we look so long so regretfully upon the closed door that we fail to see the one that has opened for us." Helen Keller

"It is the surmounting of difficulties that make heroes." Louis Kossuth

"Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each others' eyes for an instant?" Henry David Thoreau

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." Oscar Wilder

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Albert Einstein

I hope you each are having a good week no matter where you are in the world or where you are in life.

5 comments:

Shadow said...

oh to be able to look through each other's eyes. wouldn't that be something.

dianne said...

Great quotes April dear, I wish some other people I know would read and understand them...especially the quote by Thoreau. ♡

Brosreview said...

Nice quotes! Thanks for sharing!

Syd said...

So far so good this week. Every day has been good.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Shadow,
I agree 210% on that one.

Dianne,
Thanks, me too.

Brosreview,
Thank you and you are always welcome!

Syd,
Glad to hear that. Thanks for stopping by!