Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday's Poem for You

I hope everyone is having a good weekend, I'm trying to use my time wisely with some reading and some writing, and a little bit of music in between. Take care guys, below is another poem of mine.

Escape in Music

Soft, placating
sounds in my head
beat beyond
into a world whose
touch, unmoving
in its sway has
slowed intentions
that one might have
today.

Melodious, free
seeking but drawn
out from the line of
momentumous desires
fueled by a fire,
never to cease until
an imaginary hand comes home
to hold mine.

Dreams, unreal
they always were
giving hope where
there was none, kindness
in the midst of hate
bellowed stale visions
cutting the edge of
thoughts with timidness
but still holding
on to a hand
never known, thinking
surely its there
one day, it will be there.

6 comments:

Rikkij said...

April-This is the gravy that makes life warm and delicious. Dreams and desire is what it's all about. Lovely weekend poem. ~rick

Shadow said...

music touches feelings and emotions for which there are no words...

Marion said...

A beautiful poem, April. Music is magic... I love your name. It's the name of my oldest daughter. Blessings!

Brosreview said...

Very very beautiful! I love the emotions here! Keep it up!

findingmywingsinlife said...

Rikkij,
And a few marbles ought to be thrown in, otherwise dreams and desire could take over ;) Thanks Rick!

Shadow,
Absolutely 100% agree with you!

Marion,
Thank you! I never could understand my name though (not that I'm complaining) Its just I was born in May...and people always seem to bring up how odd that it to them- the fact I was born in May and named April.

Brosreview,
Wonderful! I really wasn't sure if this one was good or not..but since you all like it- it must be :)

Syd said...

Beautiful but sad to me. Music has that affect also, making me mindful of happy and not so happy times.