Friday, October 16, 2009

A different poem of mine

This one is a little different from my usual stuff, but I have a feeling that there will be a few of you who will understand this.

The Stage Set Free

Like the stage set before us, the scene that is unseen.
A puppeteer's Master still holding the strings
one piece he is missing, something not thought of,
Once clarity sets in, one by one the strings break-
of being human once again they nodded to the ache.

Masters and plans were carefully laid out,
but set in stone was not how a life was meant to lead
and two by two they found themselves freed.
lost and wandering still the master cried,
how could you leave what I have survived?

But humanness called such a beckoning call,
the hearts heard what the eyes could not recall.
Disbelief with incredulous wonder,
The master could not still such wonderous thunder.
As he sat back and watched with much to ponder.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Much to ponder indeed. Thank you for the lovely poem you left for me. I left a thank you for you on my blog yesterday.xx :D

Rikkij said...

April-hard to fly with feet of stone. Perhaps sometimes the tail should wag the dog? Let loose the strings, Girl. Nicely put down. ~rick

Brosreview said...

Hmm, I like the complexity in this one! I love these types of writes! Well done!

findingmywingsinlife said...

Natalie,
You are most welcome for that poem, I meant what I said! Sorry its taking me so long to respond to all the comments on here :)

Rikkij,
Hehehe. I love your way of thinking!

Brosreview,
It did have many layers of meaning stuffed into it. I'm glad you enjoyed it!