Sunday, October 18, 2009

Believing in Yourself

I'm am still working out this chapter in my book that I've started yesterday, it is one of the most complex parts of my story and is taking a lot of my time to think out, but I am glad that I am back into the swing of writing. I'd like to share a video that sort of tells how I feel about holding on to a dream and sticking to it with unwavering faith. This is probably not a favorite of my best friend Triana, but this is also a choice of music where we tend to diverge from. I'm more into the old school/new school R&B than she is (she doesn't appreciate my Teddy Pendergrass cd) and that's ok.

I was completly fascinated with both of these singers, who you'll see in this video, when I was younger. Both women have come through so much in their lives and have continued to carry on in their dreams. So here you go:


5 comments:

DreamDancer said...

It's amazing what we can accomplish when we believe in ourselves. Blessings :)

Fantastic Forrest said...

Yay, you! Do you know about NaNoWriMo? The idea is you write your novel in a month - November. Check out the website. I've committed to it with a bunch of friends.

I like the video - good music and message!

Shadow said...

gotta dream! got! to! dream!

Syd said...

Writing can be a challenge but it is so rewarding. Keep it up.

findingmywingsinlife said...

DreamDancer,
I wholeheartedly agree and thank you for the encouragement :)

Fantastic Forrest,
I will have to check that out, but no I did not know about it. Thanks you! Glad you liked the video.

Shadow,
A B S O L U T E L Y!

Syd,
One step at a time and I will get there, thanks for your support!