Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Yesterday and Tomorrow..the same???

A Random post here, I promise I will post a short story later tonight, but I really wanted to share my thoughts today. They are random and maybe don't make sense- but I thought it was an interesting thought I had.

You see, Last night after my dinner out, I was thinking of the time differences between a few of my blogger friends and me.

There is a 14 hour time difference between those of you in Australia and myself, here in the U.S. (specifically, in Indiana) So your today, is my tomorrow. And my today is your yesterday ( I hope I haven't confused you yet). So it led me to thinkin- yes I know, I'm promise my brain is not on fire, at least not yet.

Anyway, I got to thinking about how, for someone in Australia, its completely possible to re-live a day if they traveled to the right place. And likewise (though oppositely) I could never see a day if I were to travel there. And then I thought about our posts and emails. I get to send something to my friends and it lands smack dab in a day that hasn't even arrived for me yet, and they send me one back and it lands squarely in the past day they've already been. Don't you find it ironic that while we can't go back in the past or leap into the future- our electronic messages can???

Really, what it all boils down too is that my today is your yesterday, and your today is my tomorrow- hence my title: Yesterday & Tomorrow are the same. Now when we think that way one has to ask the question...Where in the world did today get too?????

4 comments:

lakeviewer said...

Oh no, a time warp...a mind freeze...a time to retreat and retrench.

What's even quirkier is the fact that blogger gives you the updated blurb in advance; but you can't open it until that date is your date!

Rikkij said...

April-Oh, the plotting of humans; how to get a day back. Let me know if it works. ~rick

Shadow said...

if thought about that too. if you have a plane and a good pilot, you could live a 48-hour day... awwwwwesome!

findingmywingsinlife said...

Lakeviewer,
I know! I've found that to be very frustrating. Good to see you on here!

Rikkij,
I don't know that I have the time or the money to test my theory out..so I'm stuck plotting away :)

Shadow,
Yes we could couldn't we? Of course you realize that if the pilot goes the wrong direction we will actually lose our day instead of gaining it..