Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Writing Wings

I've had this song in my head all day, Satellite, its one of my favorite by Dave Matthews Band. Its rather soothing for me I think. (Speaking of music, I'm soooooo disappointed as I will not be able to go to the David Gray concert in Chicago on October 29th due to work obligations in Indianapolis during that time period. One of these days I will get to see that man in concert!)

Anyway, As you can tell, I'm a music lover. I really don't have much to post today- well actually I have a lot to post about, but I'm just not in the right frame of mind to write these thoughts and ideas out today. You know how you want to stretch out your wings, flex them a little, sort of learn how to use them and build up the muscle tone they'd need before you try to take flight? That's how I feel about my writing sometimes. So I hope that everyone is having a good night, and that if not, I hope you at least have a good friend to lean on.

I'll see you each tomorrow!

7 comments:

Rikkij said...

April-I now have to admit that I've never been to a Dave Matthews concert. Yep, pretty sure I'm the only one. Maybe you'll be perkier tomorrow. ~rick

lakeviewer said...

I too would love to see Dave Matthews live. My chances? 1/million. Good luck to you.

Shadow said...

you say the nicest things when you don't say anything, heee heee heee. i love the dave matthews band too!!!

Syd said...

Satellite is good. Sorry that you'll miss David Grey. He is great.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Rikkij,
Nope, you're not the only one- I haven't had the opportunity to see Dave Mathews Band in concert either.

Lakeviewer,
I know. Some of the best bands are often times the most difficult to get to see live!

Shadow,
Hmmm..are you saying I should be quiet more often?? :)

I'm voting we all go to Dave Mathews together as a blog group in the future!! (Hey, I can dream can't I?)

Syd,
Thanks! Me too. But I will persevere...I just may have to start thinking of saving back money for a concert, plane tickets, and a place to stay just to see him play live!

Brosreview said...

I've heard of this band, and their songs too! Damn! I cannot recall them now! I will get back to this soon!

findingmywingsinlife said...

Brosreview,
If it helps you to recall, another popular song of the Dave Matthews Band was "crash into Me". I'd be willing to bet that you've heard that one :)