Sunday, September 6, 2009

Wandering Dreams

Wandering Dreams

Star studded dreamscape lands
of which I roam
when my eyes are heavy
as the night time sleeps
and I realize I'm still alone.

I can't break my promises to myself
to not let others in.
Rusty rains weather out my soul
as I find that trust is hard to place
in those I'll come to know.

Hope still holds its sway with me
though the chain of fog is getting thick
with decisions and crossroads of dusty mire
Heavy weights in thoughts I bear;
shackled in my own

Human touch
foregone for so long now
has left its mark
Tell me, how do I find the one
that holds the stars
in eyes that see the world like mine?

8 comments:

Brosreview said...

Loved every line in this one! Keep writing!!!

Shadow said...

our self-imposed shackles... yet, sometime we have to, have to, take a chance and open up, let in, who knows what the result may be. i know these feelings only too well.

pilgrimchick said...

Cool. That's a great poem.

SarahA said...

They will find you!
I am liking your words, you.
I am liking they they speak with honesty.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Brosreview,
I am glad you like it, that means alot to me. Thanks!

Shadow,
I know, I'm working on it, but in the mean time writing it out helps. I don't why it helps, but it does. I think you're starting to get an idea of how hard my personal situation is getting and I love you for your support my friend! Thanks!

Pilgrimchick,
Always good to see you drop by, glad you liked it!

SarahA,
Thank you for that encouragement and I'm honored that you found my words to your liking. You write beautifully on your blog!

Noelle said...

I loved this...it really hit home with me - we can be our own worst enemy!

dianne said...

That is so beautiful and profound April, I know just how this feels...it is very difficult to trust once hurt so we do protect ourselves with self imposed armour but some day I hope someone will come along with the key and you will unlock your shackles freely and let love into your heart once more. ♡

findingmywingsinlife said...

Noelle,
I'm glad you liked it.

Dianne,
You are a very kind and sweet person. Thank you for your thoughtful words!