Monday, September 14, 2009

Ups and downs and all arounds..

Well, if you haven't checked it out, I really did post my singing talents yesterday, honest feedback is always good (even if you want to kindly tell me to not quit my day job for singing).

Now, on with my truly horrifying moment, or well days... I lost my work keys, jump drives, post office box key, and house key this weekend. The memory sticks are what I was so worked up over, they have my books on them. Every last chapter is on those and sensitive work info. I just about died when I realized I just wasn't going to find them. I drove to nearly every single place I could think of that I had been and asked if I had left my keyring there..to no avail.

How was I going to re-write EVERYTHING?

Then I remembered that I had sent a backup copy of my books to a friend, so I knew I could potentially recover those. But the work stuff, I was truly frightened that that information would get into the wrong hands. How do you explain that to your boss and your board?

Now, I'm drama free!!! because I just found my keys literally a half hour ago! Yeah! **wiping the sweat off my brow*** whew..let's not do that again is what I'm thinking. One things for sure, I suddenly have a newfound appreciation for my writings and now I want to work on some more things. Perhaps tomorrow you'll find another short story waiting for your eyes to read on here. Maybe I'll even continue the Choices one for Lakeviewer.

Either way, I hope everyone is having a spectacular day! and if not, hang in there and here is a song to pick you up..Put Your Records On by Corinne Bailey Rae

3 comments:

Syd said...

Glad that you found what you thought you'd lost. That can be a scary thing. I really like that song!

Shadow said...

so so glad you found it all... that heart-sinking feeling's the worst!

findingmywingsinlife said...

Syd,
Thanks, me too!

Shadow,
Tell me about it...